Keep in touch with the Parent Council through:
The google group mailing list: Parents who wish to be added to this group should email the parent council and ask to be added: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/ParsyParents
The Parent Forum is made up of parents who have a child at Parsons Green Primary School. All such parents are automatically members of the Parent Forum for our school.
One of the ways parents in the Parent Forum can express their views is through the Parent Council. As a member of the Parent Forum you can expect to:
- Receive information about the school and it’s activities
- Be invited to all Parent Council meetings
- Attend all Parent Council meetings and participate as a member of the Parent Council
- Participate in deciding how the parent representative body, the Parent Council, is organised and how it operates
- Identify issues you want the Parent Council to work on within the school
- Hear more in future about what partnership with parents means in our school
- Be asked your opinions by the Parent Council on issues relating to the school and the education it provides
- Work in partnership with staff
- Enjoy taking part in the life of the school in whatever way you can
The Parent Council is a group of volunteer parents who represent all the parents of children at our school
Objectives of the Parent Council:
- Promote partnership between the school, the pupils and the parents
- Develop and engage in activities which support and promote the education and welfare of the pupils
- Identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided and other matters affecting the education and welfare of pupils
The Parent Council is made up of a ‘management group’ whose role is: to develop the aims and strategy of the Parent Council; to try to resolve parent issues; coordination and support of the sub-groups; finance; links with the school; links with other Parent Councils; links with the City of Edinburgh Council.
There may also be, from time to time, additional fixed term sub-groups set up to focus on a particular problem, issue or area of development that has arisen. Currently, there are sub-groups for Library, Gardening and Grounds, Individual Fundraising Events and Play & Move. The parent council also have representatives with responsibilities for After Schools Activities and the GoogleGroup.
For the 2017-18 school year the office bearers are:
Chair: Liz Creelie
Vice Chairs: Vicki Webster and Rachel King
Treasurer: Claire Gill
Secretary: Amanda Taylor
Angela Broom is the contact for Gardens and Grounds
Vicki Webster and Rachel King are the contacts for After Schools activities
The Parent Council meets regularly to discuss various matters. There is an AGM and communication sessions with the Parent Forum. See the News page for further information.
In addition to the members of the Parent Council, the following people attend and contribute to the meetings:
- Head Teacher
- Depute Head Teacher
- Class Teachers or members of the Pupil Council may attend if appropriate
The Parent Council fundraises throughout the year to raise money for the enhancement of the children’s education. If you are a parent within the school and you have a proposal for how funds may be spent, for the benefit of the children, please come to a PC meeting, speak to a member of the PC or fill in one of these forms and return to either the Chair of the PC or the HT. Thank you.
The Parent Council in partnership with the school fully endorse the school uniform policy.